A question about the Bouvines 1214 project? It's here !
DerekTaylor

Where is reenactment 2014

Messagede DerekTaylor » Sam Mai 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Could you tell me please where will the re-enactment of the Battle of Bouvines be held in July this year for the 800th anniversary? I wish to visit as a spectator. I have seen a reference to Chateau d'Argy in Indre, but that is many miles from Bouvines itself. So I'm puzzled.

Isarn

Re: Where is reenactment 2014

Messagede Isarn » Sam Mai 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello ! There are two events :
- one organized by the town of Bouvines : no serious reenactment but several conferences and meetings, visits, etc
- one (our) which is only the battle reenactment without any visitors, just reenactors, at Argy.

We tried to merge the two events, but no way to keep a good historical level if we do. So we choose to make another event.

DerekTaylor

Messagede DerekTaylor » Sam Mai 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Many thanks. Pity your re enactment isn't in the place where the battle was fought. But good luck. Hope it goes well.

Isarn

Messagede Isarn » Lun Mai 26, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks. :jap:
I hope weather will be ok. Photos will be on website.

DerekTaylor

Messagede DerekTaylor » Dim Juin 22, 2014 11:23 am

Hi again. I just wondered if there had been any change of mind about admitting spectators to the Bouvines reenactment. And I wondered what the problem was. Is it a lack of space? I'm sure it would be very popular event.

Isarn

Messagede Isarn » Lun Juin 23, 2014 5:20 am

DerekTaylor a écrit: And I wondered what the problem was. Is it a lack of space?

Sure it would be very popular ... but in France organizing events with spectators is very heavy because it becomes a public event. And this is not our policy.

Retourner vers Questions in English