Ares

John Lackland's Expedition Corps: Furor Normannicus

Messagede Ares » Sam Avr 02, 2011 1:19 am

Bonjour mes amis,

I have to apologize again for not posting in French. It's been a long time since I had French classes in school so please bear with me.

I'm one of seven guys and two gals that will be joining the fight with you. We all belong to the same company - Furor Normannicus - and are Germans. I guess you're already used to Germans coming over for a little invasion once in a while, so that would be nothing new - but this time, we're coming in peace. ;)

Our company is one of the brave and the few who are basing their re-enactment work on the late 12th century. Our key interest are the Anglo-Normans and the Angevin Empire from Henry to Richard, and we have been working on that for quite a while now. Our humble beginning was in 1999, 800 years after Lionheart accidently caught some nasty crossbow bolt. Our company consists of about 20 people of all genders, some dogs and two horses. As usual, it started as a boy's gang with a key interest on swordfighting, mead-drinking and girl-watching (boys will be boys, I guess). After a few visits on the so-called Medieval Markets in Germany we thought we might want to do something really medieval for a change, and tried to work our way to historic accuracy ever since.

Our gang is pretty diverse, we have historians, teachers, journalists, physiotherapists, merchants and whatnot, not being clamped together by a stiff hierarchy, but being friends sharing the same hobby.

We've taken part in activities abroad before, but not in France, and we're really looking forward to it. Nuff said, I guess, feel free to ask, thanks for letting us take part in the game, and see you on the Battlefield!

Some pictures in the meantime:

Aurélien

Re: John Lackland's Expedition Corps: Furor Normannicus

Messagede Aurélien » Sam Avr 02, 2011 10:19 am

Hello !

I repeat here what I said before.

Welcome to you and your men ! The pics are really cool. I guess you'll have opportunities to make more photos at Ligerville ;)

Lionheart accidently caught some nasty crossbow bolt

Curious accident, isn't it ? :crazy:

As usual, it started as a boy's gang with a key interest on swordfighting, mead-drinking and girl-watching (boys will be boys, I guess)

I guess you've kept having an interest on swordfighting. I don't know why ... Your nickname on the forum, maybe ? ;)

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your journey with us !
See you on the field, side by side among the German Coalition ! :D
Dernière édition par Aurélien le Dim Avr 03, 2011 10:17 am, édité 1 fois.
Collecteur de bannières

Thibaut

Messagede Thibaut » Dim Avr 03, 2011 9:21 am

Willkommen !
Anatis Ordo : Le coeur de la meule !

Beneoit

Messagede Beneoit » Jeu Avr 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Welcome, it's nice to see German people join us ! I guess English will be very useful to understand each other, my German is quite poor unfortunately.

Nice pictures ! See you soon in Ligerville.

Laetitia

Messagede Laetitia » Jeu Avr 07, 2011 12:25 pm

I am a fan of your work.
Your photos are magnificent. [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]

Jeanne

Messagede Jeanne » Jeu Avr 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Thank you Laetitia,

It´s nice to hear of our fans all over the world... :roi:

But seriously: I really can´t wait to meet all this french people in person I just new from pictures!
Just 8 days to Ligerville! :clap:

Retourner vers Piétons reconstitués